GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 2005-05 > 1117205022

From: Jean Snow <>
Subject: Re Relationships
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 07:43:42 -0700

Thanks to all who replied to my query, both privately and on this list. I
do have at least 2 different charts on relationships. One has no
explanations at all, but the one from Genealogical Research Library
<http:www.grl/relationship...> (don't have entire URL) says (and perhaps if
I'd read it carefully - VBG - I would have understood. It begins: For a
true "relationship" to exist, there must be an ancestor common to both
individuals, which I knew, but it's that "half" business it does not
explain. Guess I'll start calling Jabez "half" Great-Grand Uncle, though
it seems a bit awkward. Cheers!, Jean

This thread: