GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 2006-03 > 1141320254

From: quillpen1 <>
Subject: Re: VITAL RECORDS
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:24:14 -0500

What town, David??

Town Clerks have them for the most part.

My great -grandmother Ackerly died in Hopewell Junction, NY in 1921. I
called the Town Clerk (local cal for me) and she told me to send $11 and
info I wanted. In a week I had Death Certificate back.

On the other hand I had to jump thru hoops to get my great grandfather
Smith's Death certificate from Rochester, NY. ....bigger city and uncaring
clerks. They still had to give it to me....just waited longer and phone call
was frustrating (and not local).

Maureen