GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 2007-04 > 1177091552

From: "Peter Bardischewski" <>
Subject: [GEN-NYS] Bardeschewski Family
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:52:32 +0200

Return Address Name

Since years I am searching for my ancestors who originally are from east Prussians. All inquieries to the Polish authorities are answered negatively.

By chance I have the name of Leopold (Leo) Bardeschewski. He emigrated to the States in June, 1913 with the vessel "Sierra Nevada". He was born 12-21-1880 in Langendorf, Kreis Sensburg (east Prussians). He lived in Gelsenkirchen (GE) before he emigrated. His Wife Regina Bardeschewski * abt. 1885 and their children Elfriede (Freda) * abt. 1906, Erich (Edward) * abt. 1909 and Walter * abt. 1910 traveled with the same vessel. On the "List or Manifest of alien passengers for the United States" dated 1913 as a nearest relative Rudolph Bardischewski from Gelsenkirchen was mentioned.

During my research I found out that Leo Bardeschewski lived in 93 Fifth Ave., Oswego, N.Y. in the sixtees. I gues that this L.Bardeschewski is the key for the solution. It was told by my father that my grandfather Friedrich Bardischewski, born 02-28-1883 in Langendorf, Kreis Sensburg (east Prussians) too, had a brother who has emigrated to the States. I suspect that there is a chance that you are in relationship to Leo Bardeschewski (when he emigrated his name was Bardischewski).

Who can help me to learn more about my ancestors in the States and east Prussians.

Looking forward to your answer.

Peter (Bardischewski)

Germany

This thread: