GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 2007-09 > 1189266184

From: Deanna Lewis <>
Subject: Re: [GEN-NYS] NY Syaye and the 2 21st Century
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 10:43:04 -0500

Hi It sure would be great to have New York to do something like this also.
The wait is so great that it deters people from progressing with their
genealogy research by months and in some cases years. I sent a request into
Albany in 1997 for a male relative they said a record didn't exist. It
wasn't till this year that a person looked again for me for this male
relative and found him!! Did we send for the death record from Albany? No!
We went to the county and town where he died and within a month I had the
record in my hand. People aren't perfect in their research but let the
mistake be ours not a strangers. Deanna in Houston Texas