GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 2007-09 > 1189408317

From: "Jan Turner" <>
Subject: Re: [GEN-NYS] Surnames Researching
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 00:11:57 -0700

I'm lucky - my Turner line that was an absolute mystery prior to two
generations ago just opened up like a rose when I had the good fortune to
ask the right people the right questions about 10 years ago! I've had a
series of unexpected and almost unbelievable contacts and now between us,
we've traced our Turner back to Nathaniel Turner, b. about 1600 in England,
but who came to America from London in 1630 with the Winthrop Fleet. His
son, Isaac, father of Isaac, father of Isaac, father of Gurdon, father of
Joseph, father of Lewis, father of Joel, father of Thomas, father of Lee,
father of my husband, Jack Turner! Therefore my Turners have been in
America since 1630 with documentation up the wazoo! (I wish my own
ancestors were so easily traced - but they didn't land and/or settle in New
England!!!) No Miltons, though.

If any of your Turners came from New England, I might have something, but
doubt it.
Jan