GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 2007-09 > 1189599236

Subject: [GEN-NYS] Meward Carpenter
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:13:56 -0400

One of my ancestor Medard CARPENTIER (Carpenter) of Rouses Point, was
struck and killed by a train while he was walking home on the railroad
tracks in 1902. I have not been able to find any sort of death record
that would specify his exact date of death and enable me to track down
any newspaper articles about the incident. Can anyone help? This is what
I know:

- Medard was born April 19, 1832 in St-Valentin, Quebec
- Son of Laurent and Elizabeth (AUCOIN) CARPENTIER
- Husband of Vitaline MONARQUE (Monarch)
- Mason, plasterer and shoemaker by trade
- Lived most of his adult life in Lacolle, Quebec; settling in Rouses
Point in the 1880?s
- Children were Louis, Fred, Alice, Frank, Rose, Mary, Helen, Carrie,
Anne, Maude and Elizabeth (my grandmother), who married Edward MUMLEY
- Buried in St. Patrick?s Cemetery, Rouses Point (or at least his
headstone is there!)

I would be grateful for any clues whatsoever. Thanks!

This thread: