GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 2010-06 > 1276041957

From: "PMR" <>
Subject: [GEN-NYS] Edward Walter HYNDMAN b. cir 1870
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 10:05:57 +1000

Hello Listers

Edward Walter HYNDMAN married a distant cousin of mine in the
state of Victoria, Australia in 1912.

On his marriage record, his birth place is listed as NY - which
I'm thinking is New York, either State or City.

His death record in New South Wales in 1937 gives his age as 66,
which would mean a birth year of around 1870, give or take a bit.

I found an 'Edward HINMAN' born in NY and resident in NY in the
1880 US Census online but he was not with his family at the time. This may
be the guy I'm looking for, but again, maybe not. I have no idea when he
arrived in the antipodes (from various snippets, he was known in NZ prior to
1897 and in New South Wales Australia prior to 1907), whether as a child or
an adult.

Can someone tell me how I go about researching birth records for
NY State around 1870 please?

Many thanks

Pam
Beaudesert, Queensland, Australia