GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 2011-09 > 1315129938

From: Ms Betty Fredericks <>
Subject: [GEN-NYS] French-Canadian Society
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 02:52:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dawna,

I had to look on-line to see where Troy is located,  and I see that it is
near the borders with MA and VT.    I can't help with societies in NY State.
But, I can mention that there is a French-Canadian Society in or near
Manchester, NH.       If you can't locate the web site for it,  I'll try to
find it for you.

(There might be another one in the RI area.)

I'd also like to mention that there is an active List, called
"Quebec-Research."     You might find help by joining that List and posting
a question.

www.rootsweb.com         "Find a List"

Betty              (near Lowell, MA, USA)

(on Lists for 10 yrs.;  now an Admin for 9 Lists,

including  CAN-USA-Migration  )

P.S.
One set of my ancestors came from  the Province of Quebec,  but they were
English and settled in  Argenteuil County which is in the northern shore of
the St. Lawrence River.     My gr-gr-grandparents were born there in 1827
and moved their family to Compton County, PQ, before migrating to Boston.

On the other side of my "tree,"  my grandfather married 3 times, and his 3rd
wife  - was French-Canadian.    Yvonne came down at Age 20 to the
Springfield, MA, area.

This thread: