GEN-NYS-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-NYS > 2012-04 > 1335496966

From: "John D. Sissom" <>
Subject: [GEN-NYS] Martha “Polly” TYLER WHITE BRIGGS
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:22:46 -0700 (PDT)

Researchers,

Amasa Daniel White married Martha (Polly) Tyler, who was born ca. 1793, in Massachusetts, the daughter of John Tyler and <Unknown>. They raised a family in Sandy Creek. We are unsure of the age of Polly Tyler. We have searched the Sandy Creek cemetery and the records of the cemetery for any children or his wife.

After Amasa Daniel White, died, his widow, Martha “Polly” Tyler White, married (2) James B. Briggs ca. 1841, and had one boy, Orson M. Briggs, born ca. 1843, in Sandy Creek, Oswego County, New York. James B. Briggs was born ca. 1785, in Vermont.

In 1880, Polly Briggs is living with J. Riley Perce in Lisle, Broome County, New York, and is listed at his great Aunt.
J. Riley Perce is 30
Ida A. is 27
Martha J. is 6
Libbie is 1
Polly is listed as being disabled by “old age”, being listed as 87.  All are born NY, their parents born NY.

Does anyone know where Polly Tyler White Briggs is buried?

Thanks,

John at Sissom dot Org

This thread: