GEN-ROYAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-ROYAL > 2005-03 > 1109899618

From: "Leo van de Pas" <>
Subject: Re: H.E. Count Jason Charles Neuharth-Ostertag von Windstein
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:31:14 +1100

Dear Diane,
I find your whole message confusing. I presume this Jason Charles
Neuharth-Ostertag von Windstein is alive today, why should, if he has an
aristocratic background, his one and only line to Charlemagne have to go via
Sophie de Lorraine? One American member of Gen-Med, going on incomplete
information, has 109,468 lines to Charlemagne and he does not pretend to
belong to the aristocracy. Who was this Sophie married to? Most likely her
husband would be a descendant of Charlemagne as well.

This website you mentioned is a weird one. This heir to the family of
Schwarzburg who is he? Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser,
1991, pages 200 and 201
gives details of this extinct family. The last Fürst died in 1971 but he had
adopted a Peter Hans Fuhrmann who now goes by the name of Prince zu
Schwarzburg. He is born in 1939 and lives in Düsseldorf. Now lets say this
person on that website is a totally legitimate descendant and heir of the
Schwarzburg , how dare he call himself HI & RH? None of the "real" Princess
zu Schwarzburg have done this.

In the time of Napoleon the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire Franz II,
first created the Empire of Austria of which he became Franz I and then the
Holy Roman Empire was abolished----end of it, no more Holy Roman Empire. It
is not something that can be called back to live by the whims of one person,
not even ten persons.

Now this Jason Charles Neuharth-Ostertag von Windstein is displayed as a
Count of the Holy Roman Empire----as he is alive his family should be, but
is not recorded in Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Gräfliche Häuser.

I think this Imperial Prince and Count are telling tales. Now we should go
back to your interest, which seems to be a possible link to Charlemagne, if
you can display a line of your ancestry which you think could go back to
Charlemagne, I am sure many people are willing to help you.

I tried to find genealogical details on that site but perhaps I looked in
the wrong places.
Best wishes and I look forward to hearing from you.
Leo van de Pas
Canberra, Australia