GEN-ROYAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-ROYAL > 2006-11 > 1163074775

From: M Davis <>
Subject: Re: [GEN-ROYAL] Bonde af Bjrn - English connections
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 04:19:35 -0800 (PST)

The Marryat with one 't' is the spelling I found for
both Matilda and her daughter Ida's marriage
registrations. Matilda Elizabeth Somerset and Horatio
Marryat's marriage was registered in the Jul-Aug-Sep
quarter of 1842 at St. George, Hanover Square, London.

One of their sons appears to be Adrian Edward Somerset
Marryay, who was baptised at the British Chaplaincy,
Naples, Italy on 6 August 1844 (from familysearch.org,
source(s) cited are : Church of England in Italy.
Anglican Chaplaincy (Genoa), Parish registers,
1824-1849 and Bishop's transcripts, 1825-1877, Church
of England in Italy. Anglican Chaplaincy (Rome))

I managed to find him in the 1871 Census (as Adrian E
S Marryatt) where he is an active Lieutenant in Rifle
Brigade at Dover Castle. He was unmarried at that
time.

-Melissa