GEN-ROYAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-ROYAL > 2008-01 > 1201170339

From: Henry Soszynski <>
Subject: Re: [GEN-ROYAL] Ghyka/O'Conor
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:24:31 +0000

At 11:17 PM 23-01-08 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm looking for some more information/confirmation of what I have on Prince
Matila Costiesco Ghyka. I have his borth date and place, death date and place,
and where he and his wife are buried.

>  I am missing his parents, would like some more information on his name and
how it was altered upon adoption by his maternal uncle. I'm also curious as to
what happened of his children :

>  (1) Princess Maureen Ghyka (listed both as Maureen R F Ghyka and Maureen
R F
Costiesco Ghyka in the England and Wales Birth Registry); b. 1920 (registered
in Chelsea District, London); d. 25 August 1979.
>  (2) Prince Roderick Ghyka; b. 21 December 1924; d. 1978.
>
>  Corrections and comments always welcome!
>
>  Regards -
>  Melissa

Hello,
Grigore V Ghyka 1807-1857, married 1 Elena Sturdza, & 2 Ana Catargi
& 3
Euphrosenia Leroy, and was father of Constantin 1828-1874, who married 1stly,
Ecaterina Balsh and 2ndly, Zoe Plagino, by the first wife he was father of
Maria who married a Costiescu, and was mother of Matila C. Ghyka 1881-1965, he
married Helene O'connor and was father of the two children mentioned above. No
further details on his family mentioned, though there's plenty on the Ghyka
family.
Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Henry Soszynski