GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2002-12 > 1038967887

From: "Mary Longman" <>
Subject: Re: [trivvies] What did you want to be??
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:11:27 -0500

wow Val that's quite a change but I bet you were very good at it - the
dressmaking I mean.

I wish I had been better equipped when I went out to find a job. It seemed
to be a foregone conclusion that you'd end up working in a bank if you were
lucky, or in a shop, or an office. There are so very many more interesting
prospects out there that I never knew existed when I could have done
something about it!

Oh well, as long as I'm gainfully employed in this day & age, I should not
complain....

I wanted to be a vet, my father said I was too soft with animals to
make a good vet! Probably right! I only knew I did not want to work in
an office, so mum suggested dressmaking. I went to college for two
years and learnt cutting and designing, then four years as an
apprentice and then worked for six years for a high class couturiere.
I then branched out on my own. I loved it !
Val xx