GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2003-02 > 1044511752

From: "Howard Fuller" <>
Subject: Re: [trivvies] Sharon's emporium.
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 06:09:12 -0000

Ooooh Liz!! How wonderfully evocative to read that!! Although there were no
mullioned windows or low-beamed ceiling, that open fire and the toasting fork
took me right back to my childhood... Ooooh - many, many thanks!!
I know it's not quite the same thing, but Bron and I had crumpets for tea
yesterday. Maybe they were toasted in the electric toaster rather than over an
open fire, but all the same the butter still melted gently into the holes in
the top of the crumpets... and they were delicious! We had two each!
Howie