GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2003-05 > 1052941773

From: "Mary Longman" <>
Subject: Re: [trivvies] A garden
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:49:33 -0400

Very good, Becs but, what's a mater??? Oh I guess that's a TOmater!!!

Won't be any turnips though - but lotsa taters and maters, and carrots and
peas and beans and cukes and zucchini and peppers and...and... whatever else
I can get hold of.

I spent two wonderful hours digging it over today, and fetched wheelbarrow
loads of the composted topsoil from the pile and got that spread. Tomorrow
morning early (rain is predicted for later) I want to get the beds laid out,
and then I can dig them over properly and really have everything ready for
planting next week. This upcoming weekend is the traditional planting
time - past the likely time for frost at last! I'll be away though as I'm
going to the trailer with Penny, Dave and boys for our first visit of the
season.

feeling all rejuvenated after playing in the garden

Ole Mac Mary had a farm E I E I O
and on this farm she planted her crops E I E I O
With a turnup here ....and a carrot there .....
here a tater ....there a mater
she'll have to be a varrrmit terminator
Ole Mac Mary had a farm
E E I I E E I I OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Happy Plantin, m....
becs

So now I can spend some time getting it laid out as soon as this rain stops,
and then next week will start planting. I hope I can stop the local bunnies
from eating it all though. I tried one of these 2 years ago, and the only
things the bunnies did not eat were potatoes, tomatoes and peppers! All the
lettuce and other greens would disappear as soon as they came up! This year
I'll stick with my balcony 'garden' for the lettuces!

wishing for sunshine