GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2003-05 > 1053762274

From: "Geo." <>
Subject: Re: [trivvies] another question...answer, Please <G>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 15:44:34 +0800

In Scotland, tartan trousers would be called Trews, I think.

Geo.

Men and women wear pants and trousers. Having said that I was always under
the impression that trousers had a zit or button fastening and pants were
the elasticated waist ones...I could be wrong of course.

As to the top it is all according which one you mean.

A shirt has a buttoned front. A tee shirt does not. A knitted top is
called a jumper...but here in NZ it is called a jersey.

Have I covered it all??

Di :-)

In England.... really Scotland, but since this is an Eng Trivia list..
<<<G>>> I'll ask about England, sure, that because it is approximately the
same area.... it could be called the same thing...
What would you call pants (trousers) and a womans and a mans top???
Thanks!
Becs

RANDOM TAGLINE - GEN-TRIVIA-ENG - MAILING LIST
Please use common sense when sending or replying to messages on the list.
What may not offend you may offend others.