GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2003-06 > 1054926598

From: Linda Murtaugh <>
Subject: Re: [trivvies] Bedding
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 13:15:24 -0600

I have never given up my feather pillows :-)) but I do agree that they
aggrevate sinus problems. I have a couple of old ones that I sleep with - have
hypoallergenic covers for them. But I do wash mine on occasion (about once or
twice a year) - takes a lot of drying (I used to wash my down sleeping bags
too). Also, I find that it helps to frequently toss the pillows into the dryer
for airing and fluffing.

Never tried freezing the pillows. Interesting - I'll be trying that.

I sleep with a down comforter in winter but usually change it out in the summer
to a light quilt. Mostly sleep with just a top sheet when the heat gets really
bad (since I don't have air conditioning) - its a "security" thing I guess

Linda