GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2004-03 > 1079724055

From: linda murtaugh <>
Subject: Re: [TRIVVIES] Re: [oldphartzfun] wash day blues.
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:20:25 -0800

Interesting. I can remember my mother using a washboard when I was
very young - but I don't recall anything about the water or the
preparation thereof - we had running water in all our homes - only
cold, at least in the summer. My maternal grandfathers house had only
cold. Hummmm....wonder how she washed...I know it was all strung on a
line in the back yard. Now my maternal grandmother had a washing
machine - not like today's - it had to be filled manually with boiled
water I think - but it had a mangle :-)

Linda