GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2004-06 > 1088257932

From: Marlene <>
Subject: Re: Airforce Blue ......[was Favourites or
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:54:36 -0400

Linda, it was possibly way back in his subconscious because many
ears ago ....[possibly still] 'twas a Rivalry, maybe that is not
a strong enough word, between the two Forces ... I don't think it
extended to the Navy. I teased Johno about liking Khaki cos it
was the Soldier's colour. I loved to see my Ron in his Uniform
the old one not the later one that they bought out, do we have
any soldiers on list that had the two types .... if so what were
their preferences and Why ???? .....Big Dave had only the modern
one. The tropic ones were horrible but there was a certain pride
when you had washed, starched and ironed and pressed them, alas
only to see then come home at the end of a day's work all creased
up. Were the Air Force uniforms of the same type of Material or
were they always smoother ????? The Sailor's appeared to be of a
smooth material it seemed to be a special thing to touch a sailor's
collar for luck
Marlene .... thinking of younger days
`````````````````````````````````
> Now Linda ,this is an almost unbelievable coincidence.... Up to
> last week I had no colour preference, as I said, last week ! Then
> we visited an Edinburgh Mills wool shop locally, I needed some
> lightweight trousers,then Cathy pointed out a pair which i fell for
> immediatly,in fact,so much so that I bought two pairs and the colour,
> yes....... Airforce Blue, the more I look at them the more I like
> the colour........
> The Old Boy - Johno
> > ;-)) and why might that be, Johno?!
> >
> > Linda