GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2004-08 > 1091388530

From: "Sue" <>
Subject: RE: [TRIVVIES] August Already ~ time for a Trivvington Get Together
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 20:28:56 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

You should slum it up here in the Cold Norf ........... It's been okay here
- around 75 - tops ... Foggy until mid morning ..... Misty until around 5pm
.... Sunny for a couple of hours & now the sun is going down .............

I think thunder storms are on the menu for Monday through Wednesday ....

How lovely - can't wait ... Would love to see Autumn (next week) - Winter
the week after - Spring the week after that --- & then we might - note the
might" - get some Summer .....

Sue

The District Nurse hears the chattering around the old oak tree and hurries
over to see what is happeneing ...... a get together? wait for me!!

She quickly mounts trusty rusty and cycles quickly home to Rose Cottage.
She stops to breathe in the heady scent from the roses rambling over the
arch before she pushes her bike round the back and props it up against the
shed.

Once inside the cottage she changes and spends a few quiet minutes
reflecting on the day:....

Up early to blitz the housework (aargh, dreadful job, why can't we all love
dust bunnies) after eating breakfast, prepare all the dinner. Back upstairs
to shower and change. Sister and brother in law arrived at 11am and we sat
in the shade in the garden and had coffee. Phoebe (Paul's girlfriend) came
round for lunch too: baked potatoes in their skins (we call them jacket
potatoes), runner beans from the garden, carrots and cold gammon accompanied
by a Tempranillo red wine. For pud we had meringue nest and ice cream with
fresh strawberries (uuummmmmm). Too hot to sit outside so we had our cup of
coffee in the living room with a big floor fan going full belt.

We drove out to Nyman's Gardens (National Trust)
http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/places/nymans/
and parked the car under the trees. We spent a couple of hours wandering
around these lovely gardens overlooking the valley and the Ouse viaduct
(that one you took photos of Sue)and also over into the wooden areas on the
other side of the road. We also went round the inside of the house that was
ruined by fire many many years ago - there are a few rooms still standing
and fully furnished.

Back home we had tea and then spent another hour sitting in the garden
catching up on news and putting the world to rights.

Liz

Marlene wrote:
<snip>

.. So come and join in down at the Old Oak and bring some of your
news, holidays .... just some of the things you have been doing ...
Marlene closes her door and hurries off to the village towards the
pub to prepare for a get together ... Looking to see who she can tell
to pass on the message, won't take the news long to circulate ......
SO come on whatcha all been a...doing whilst not on GenTriv ?????
Marlene

RANDOM TAGLINE - GEN-TRIVIA-ENG - MAILING LIST
Remember - Our "todays" ups & downs of life, are "tomorrows" Ancestral
Trivia.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---