GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2004-12 > 1102279476

From: Jennifer <>
Subject: Re: [TRIVVIES] Christmas traditions
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 12:44:43 -0800

Better not tell my Mum it's a dying art . . . she's just posted off 80+
Christmas cards!! LOL I've got about 60 ready to go, and then there
are another 20 or so sent from our business. I love receiving cards .
.. and especially newsy letters, but sadly these are getting fewer each
year.
Jennifer

Suzann Bennett wrote:

>Hello trivvies,
> I'm interested to know if you send Christmas cards through the mail. I have read that the first Christmas cards originated in England in the 1840's. When I was younger, many people sent cards through the mail. Now, with "free" email and the rising cost of postage, sending cards seems to be a dying tradition here in the states. I will be sending about 20 cards this year. Twenty years ago I sent about 40 a year.
>Sue
>Nevada, USA

This thread: