GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2005-04 > 1113217184

From: "Miriam B" <>
Subject: Re: [TRIVVIES] hats etc
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:59:44 +0100

Yes, Camilla did look good, I think she'd worked hard to get that flat stomach.
Although she has never been a beauty and her outdoor life shows on her face, it
was a good turnout.

The past has been cruel to them both, shades of Princess Margaret (Capt T) and
Edw VIII coloured their lives. As a couple, yes they deserve some happiness now.
As a Prince, it's a slightly different situation BUT probably time that the
restrictions on who is suitable as a royal spouse were lifted.

The sticking point however is that C as the heir is also heir to being the head
of the Church of England. CofE is sticky about divorced couples marrying, it is
down to the individual Bishop/Vicar, here in Alderney, the Vicar would not
consider it at all. In the Methodist Church, their marriage would almost
certainly be refused by most Ministers since their relationship had a bearing on
the C/D break-up. So how can you have a remarried man as the head of the Church.
It also begs the question as to whether the CofE should be an established Church
(i.e. linked to state).

Now I'll be in trouble if this is picked up for discussion so please folks, no
comments on list, I only wanted to gather together the facts as a reminder as to
why between us all there are so many pro's and anti's.

Msb
www.pagetdesigns.co.uk

All outgoing emails scanned by Norton Antivirus.