GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2005-04 > 1113464113

From: "PJK :o\)\)" <>
Subject: Wedding dresses - was hats
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:35:49 +0100

I wore a long, plain, white dress with a train & on my head I wore a Juliet cap with a long veil. I didn't want a fancy headdress or tiara cos it was too *girly* !!! The dress was very plain cos I was told that anything flouncy & *fairytale Princess* would only draw more attention to my size !! So, being a rather shy & gutless 20 year old, I went plain. My only regret now is that I didn't have just a little bit of fancy.

Pat.xxx :o))
A Maid of Kent, UK.
Your county needs YOU !!! http://FreeCEN.rootsweb.com
Looking for ancestors in Kent ? Try: http://www.kent-opc.org.uk/

;-} Even a nudist wedding?
Ok - what did we all wear for our nuptials? Fancy long gowns with the
flowing trains? (have you seen the prices on those things!?) Chaste
suits?
I wore a white lace, long sleeved, high necked - mini skirted - dress.
Scandalized some of my kin.

Linda

This thread: