GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2005-05 > 1116604336

From: Roz Griston <>
Subject: RE: [TRIVVIES] READING
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 08:52:16 -0700

i used to read a book or more a day for enjoyment. now i tend to read
webpages. the last book i read, in july 2004 was the da vinci code.

i was not impressed with the author's writing style, and felt the plot
lacked, i was finding it too easy to determine the next plot twist. it
was interesting however to read the "historical" bits.

there is a fair bit of debate regarding just how factual the
information is.

i've been tracking some of this info, just as a coincidence because it
meshes with some of the research i'm doing. there really was a jean
gisors in the 1200's. he built a brit seaport, south hampton?? i'm not
clearly recalling the name of the community, and i'm too lazy to dig
the info out of my files right now.

the vatican is finally revealling historical info that mary magdaline
wasn't a prosititute and that she was actually a patron who became a
follower of jesus. she was very well born.

jesus was not a carpenter, but was stone worker, and he too didn't come
from a lowly family. his father joseph was significantly older than his
mother, mary..who again, according to mistranslated scripture was not a
virgin but was a virtuous maiden. the translators confused the word
virgin with virtuous...which could also mean virgin, but can also mean,
and honest, trustworthy and productive citizen.

anyhow..i think we all know i love politics and religion and they are
topics we are not supposed to discuss because some people take
offensive when others disagree with their belief systems..so i'll end
now.

later
roz