GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2005-05 > 1116697643

From: "Sue" <>
Subject: Re: [TRIVVIES] READING
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 18:47:23 +0100 (GMT Standard Time)

Does she write purely about New York Gwen ? ... Sort of like a 'travel' book
? ... Or is there a 'story' behind her writing .. ? ..........

You feeling better ? ......

Sue

My very favourite books are by Helene Hanff from New York. I have an omnibus
edition which includes 84 Charing Cross Road, The Duchess of Bloomsbury,
and 3 others and Letter from New York which is a collection of articles
which were written by her for the radio prog. Woman's Hour about her life in
N.Y. I first read them from the library after a holiday in N.Y. when I was
reading everything about this wonderful city I could get my hands on! My
daughter searched for the out of print one for my birthday and managed to
get a 2nd hand copy. I'm just re-reading it again, I love her style of
writing.
Gwen.

This thread: