GEN-TRIVIA-ENG-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-TRIVIA-ENG > 2006-07 > 1152859282

From: "John Clark" <>
Subject: Re: [TRIVVIES] Happy birthday
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 06:41:22 +0000

ooooooooops so sorry I missed your birthday, Lizzie ... A belated HAPPY
BIRTHDAY to you (((((hugs)))))

I've not had a very good signal for the last few days, so I've not been
online much so I'd like to say Sorry to the people who's birthdays i've
missed ..... Sorry

Take care all

Hugs
John xxxx

Sounds like a great birthday Lizzie
Val xx

Many many thanks dear friends for all your good wishes. Especially as I
hardly deserve them, being so remiss myself in not sending greetings to
others, and not posting to the list.

I had a lovely birthday this year, starting on Friday when Sue and Andy
took
me out for lunch and afterwards we made a trip to the Chatsworth Farm
Shop
where I bought some smoked trout for yesterday. On Sunday my friend
Caroline
took me out to lunch and we went to choose plants for her garden.

I was especially looking forward to yesterday as an old friend was
stopping
overnight on her way from her home in France to Scotland. I hadn't seen
her
for twenty years. I had a special dinner planned and fortunately had
everything ready ahead of time because a neighbour turned up and... yes
took me out to lunch. I was back here in time for Mel's arrival.

Now you have to understand that I a) usually go to bed early b) don't
drink
alcohol unless it's a little white wine much watered. Mel had said she'd
bring a bottle of wine and some brie ... well there was rather more than
one
bottle and I am now well stocked. We ate ... smoked trout with watercress
and fresh cherries - Roast duck-legs on red-cabbage, apple and
redcurrants -
fresh strawberries with lemon sorbet and cream, with which we polished
off
most of a bottle of red which I was drinking neat! As we reached the brie
and coffee and Turkish delight Mel produced a bottle of champagne, and
although my friend Pip came over for a glass she was driving later so
couldn't help us out much ... and it doesn't keep of course ...

... we sat up talking until two and polished off the whole bottle. I was
wide awake and sober, slept like a top, and was up bright-eyed at
six-thirty. I can't believe it.

Anyway, all round it was a good birthday and of course I now know that
people do need me and will still feed me "now I'm sixty-four"

Thank you again and good wishes to all of you who have celebrations this
week. ... Lizzie

RANDOM TAGLINE - GEN-TRIVIA-ENG - MAILING LIST
Pure Fiction messages are frowned upon - Elephants do not travel in
balloons - please use the Adventure List.