GENANZ-L Archives

Archiver > GENANZ > 2007-07 > 1184290796

From: "Keith NZ" <>
Subject: Ted Wildy's AUSTRALIAN marriage witness index.
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:39:56 +1200

Does anyone have the URL for the Australian Marriage Witness Index ?

Is there one in fact?

Ada Ackerley inherited the AU MWI after Ted died 10 years ago, but I
cannot locate the data on a web site, other than a list of entries
dating back to 1990. http://home.vicnet.net.au/~agweb/aus-wit4.txt

I emailed Ada the week before last to ask about access to the AU MWI
but have not heard back. Perhaps I have the wrong email address for
her.

The UK MWI Faye Guthrie still has, but it is no longer online at
Rootsweb.

The NZ MWI is maintained by Hugh Winters and available online at
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~hughw Thanks Hugh.

Writing as a contributor to the MWIs I find it disappointing that the
information supplied for the benefit of the researching community is
not readily accessible to all, other than the NZ entries.

If the present holders of the indexes find the maintenance work to
onerous then I am sure we could find volunteers to take on the task.

We must not let these resources die.

Keith Flinders
Wellington, NZ

This thread: