GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2003-04 > 1050026031

From: "Cheri Casper" <>
Subject: [GENBOX] Places
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:53:51 -0700

Wim - I forgot to mention other weird things with places. For anyone who
was born in Kansas City, Missouri, if I enter that as the Place on the
Summary page, when I go to the Birth Event page, they are born in Kansas
City, Missouri, all right, but the "local site" is the Kansas City,
Missouri, Public Library! I suspect this has to do with auto completion.

I always thought I liked auto completion when I was using FTM, but now I am
beginning to wonder. I think I personally would prefer just the ability to
have a repeat key instead of having GB second guess me.

I am sure that my aunt would love to know that she gave birth to all of her
kids in the public library.

CheriC

This thread: