GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-02 > 1107343861

From: Michel Vuijlsteke <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] OT - Photo Software & Other
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 12:31:01 +0100
References: <CHEMKKAJHOKJPIEOPLKDGEOOFKAA.clcasper@sprynet.com> <006201c5065b$99aefda0$6402a8c0@laptop>
In-Reply-To: <006201c5065b$99aefda0$6402a8c0@laptop>

I've been using IMatch for some time now, but I have to say that even
with all the power it has, Picasa 2 has me sorely tempted.

Mario (IMatch's developer) is working on a new version that should
supposedly knock everyone's socks off, so I'll reserve my judgment for
now :)

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:38:12 +0100, wim prange <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I love off-topic. I looked at IMatch last year, thought it was very powerful
> but far too complicated as well. It reminded me of That Other Program
> actually :-)
> Gr. Wim
> From: "Cheri Casper" <>
> Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 11:30 PM
> Subject: RE: [GENBOX] OT - Photo Software & Other
> > Paul - I simply found IMatch far too complicated to use and I consider
> > myself fairly computer/software literate.
> > CheriC
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Paul J. Harris [mailto:]
> > Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 11:51 AM
> > To:
> > Subject: RE: [GENBOX] OT - Photo Software & Other
> > Photo Cataloging Software
> > -------------------------
> > PAF is to Picasa2 as
> > Genbox is to IMatch (www.photools.com)
> > <g>
> > Paul
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Cheri Casper [mailto:]
> > Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 1:53 PM
> > To:
> > Subject: [GENBOX] OT - Photo Software & Other
> > If you are in need of a software program to organize, find, and keep track
> > of your photos, you might want to try Picasa2 which is made available from
> > Google. It is a free download and from a quick look at it last night, it
> > looks to be promising. It is available from www.picasa.com
> > On another note, I've been transcribing a lot of obituaries and in one I
> > thought some the language quaint; I thought some of you might find these
> > bits interesting:
> > . . .
> > Almost eighty-one years ago a little babe opened its eyes to the light in
> > Kentucky. Tuesday an old man closed his eyes in eternal rest in old
> > Missouri. Between lie long years of usefulness that have endeared him to
> > many people.
> > . . .
> > After the long years of hard work in his large practice and later years
> > of ill health after life's fitful fever, he sleeps well.
> > CheriC
> > ==== GENBOX Mailing List ====
> > To join this list, send an email to with the
> > word "subscribe" as the subject line. Then email your messages to
> > and they will appear on this list.
> > ==============================
> > Search the US Census Collection. Over 140 million records added in the
> > last 12 months. Largest online collection in the world. Learn more:
> > http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx
> > ==== GENBOX Mailing List ====
> > To join this list, send an email to with the
> > word "subscribe" as the subject line. Then email your messages to
> > and they will appear on this list.
> > ==============================
> > Search the US Census Collection. Over 140 million records added in the
> > last 12 months. Largest online collection in the world. Learn more:
> > http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx
> > ==== GENBOX Mailing List ====
> > To join this list, send an email to with the
> word "subscribe" as the subject line. Then email your messages to
> and they will appear on this list.
> > ==============================
> > Jumpstart your genealogy with OneWorldTree. Search not only for
> > ancestors, but entire generations. Learn more:
> > http://www.ancestry.com/s13972/rd.ashx
> ==== GENBOX Mailing List ====
> To join this list, send an email to with the word "subscribe" as the subject line. Then email your messages to and they will appear on this list.
> ==============================
> New! Family Tree Maker 2005. Build your tree and search for your ancestors at the same time. Share your tree with family and friends. Learn more: http://landing.ancestry.com/familytreemaker/2005/tour.aspx?sourceid=14599&targetid=5429