GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-02 > 1107552498

From: "wim prange" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Ordering Events with no dates
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 22:28:18 +0100

Hi Bob,

You can use sort dates. Put the date between square brackets [4 feb 2005]
and Genbox will use it to sort the event etc. but will not print a date.
You can also use sort date with modifiers like "before" and "after"; in
combination with text ("during the great flood [12 April 1858]"); or in
combination with valid dates (to sort events that happened on the same day).
See helpfile for more examples.

You're can put children "in order" by dragging and dropping them on the
Summary-tab. However, in the current release of GB there are some problems
getting them to 'stick'. It appears the child list is ordered on the date
(triangle is in the dateheader) but in reality they are sorted on ID-nrs.
You need to click the dateheader first to get a real datesort of the
children, before you're able to drag them. In the next update this is fixed.

Gr. Wim