GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-02 > 1107901226

From: "Geir Thorud" <>
Subject: Import event templates
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 23:20:26 +0100

Hi,

I have a number of user defined tags in the
Gedcom file that I use to transfer data from my
privatly developed genealogy program into Genbox.

On import Genbox creates default sentences for
for these events. After import I have to go through
the event templates and change the sentences.
I have to edit them each time I do a
new import (into a new base).

In order to avoid this editing I tried to import
event templates (only) from a Gedcom database where I had
already done the editing, and expected the templates
in the database to be replaced with those imported
- but the templates was not changed.

I am not shure the import works as inteded, I only
ticked of for "event templates" in Content on import -
removed all the other "?ticks? marks" ???

Maybe there is another way I can avoid editing the
sentences after each import?

(I guess the same issue arrise if you have tailored
a number of templates for standard events and want to
use this setup in another database.)

Regards
Geir

This thread: