GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-02 > 1107910670

From: "wim prange" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Language used
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 01:58:32 +0100

Short for a Dutch salutation: "Groetjes", greetings in English. In Dutch it
is used as an informal salutation when you leave or at the end of an
informal letter.
My "Gr." is a left-over from the early days with being on-line. A
BBS-program I used had sigs and I needed something that I could use in
Dutch, English and German (Grüße). All started with Gr so I thought to take
that as part of my sig.

Gr. Wim