GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-02 > 1108074421

From: Pascal Sonneville <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Sort Dates et al
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:27:01 +0100

Hi,
In the Gedcom 5.5, there is no need for sort dates :
- the order of CHILD tags in a FAM record shows the order of births,
- the order of FAMS in the record INDI shows the order of marriages of
the individual,
Unfortunately, Genbox doesn't take into account this order when you
export a Gedcom file.

So, it's difficult for example to use a program like "lifelines" with
the Gedcom file obtained.

Best regards,
Pascal.