GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-02 > 1108373622

From: "Genealogy Printers" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Controlling an "Everyone chart"?
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:33:42 -0000

> Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to control:
> (1) the order that the families are arranged in the chart so many of the
> dashed lines travel most of the width of the chart.
> (2) the spacing between the dashed lines in the channels(?).
> (3) to avoid boxes from overlaying the dashed lines and hence confusing
the
> interpretation of the linkages.
>
> Does anyone have any clues how to get the chart into a better format?

Hi Robin.

This is a common problem on the Everyone chart as you are no doubt aware.

What we usually do is to select Cross Reference for the links, Bill
incorporated this feature many moons ago after a suggestion from us as too
many dashed lines do make the chart appear a mess, then with some careful
manipulation you can usually eradicate the Cross Link letters by moving the
boxes or groups of them closer together, they will automatically join up
with the double marriage line link when they are placed close together and
the cross link reference letter will disappear.

Kind regards,
Ron O'Neill
www.genealogyprinters.com

This thread: