GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-02 > 1108410400

From: "Geir Thorud" <>
Subject: SV: [GENBOX] Basic Places report
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:46:43 +0100

Hi Wim,

> Fra: wim prange [mailto:]
> The double appearance of the fields is caused by the table they refer to:
> one is for the Places-table, the other is for the PlaceNames-table. It's a
> bit confusing seeing them twice so renaming them seems a good idea to me.

A bit confusing ..... Hm.

> When you use the Namefield from Placenames, you won't get the
> higher-levels.
> When you select Show One for Multiple Names you get the default name for
> that place.

You are right, but the Name in Places must be wrong?
It currently does not have any meaning compared to the Full name
in the same Places list.

In any case, this has nothing to do with user-friendlynes.

There should be an explanatory column in the "Available fields" list,
or some yellow-post-it-lables or more explanatory names or something....

Gr. Geir ;-)