GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-02 > 1108416612

From: "wim prange" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Import of place names from GEDCOM
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:31:07 +0100

Hi Geir,

> It might help if the import algorithm is documented
> somewhere, I can't find it.

It's not extensively documented but my information comes from the helpfile:
search for "anchor"

> In any case I am sceptic to such an algorithm as long as the
> same name may appear at many leves in a hierarchy.

In that case there were probably 'inconsistencies' in the placelevels in the
imported file. When you have a place appear more than once on different
levels, you will need to work out the inconsistencies in your original file,
or in Genbox (= position them at the correct level and merge the different
place-records).

Gr. Wim

This thread: