GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-02 > 1109010810

From: "Geir Thorud" <>
Subject: Cancelling gedcom import
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:33:30 +0100

Hi,

I accidentally started an import of a gedcomfile (12 500 persons,
200 000 lines) into an open database, rather than a new one.

During the first "pass" through the file (Initialising top
level records) I therefore pressed Cancel. Got a message
which should translate into something like "Warning:
Commit or Rollback has been used to initiate or rollback a
transaction, but the transaction has not been started."

When I pressed OK, the "Import Gedcom File" window stayed open,
documents were "flying" from left to right, but the counter
did not progress - and the program hanged (for at least 10 min).

After CTRl-Alt-Del I started the program again, it complained
about missing index "Child key ..", and I pressed Check structure,
got " ...missing 20 indexes. Correct problems?", "Added 20 indexes",
I pressed Compact, saved 1xx 000 bytes, and the program
again stopped responding. Then started again and it seems to work.

Fortunately, I did not have production data in the base, so no
big problem.

Tried the same once more and the same thing happened.

(The file imported OK into a new file.)

Not a big problem for me, but it should be checked.

Geir

This thread: