GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-02 > 1109466083

From: "Bob Zscharnagk" <>
Subject: Match finder only matches
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:01:38 +0800

HI,

I'm using the match finder tool on a 15,000 person database.

I use the defaults and change to "exact match" for surnames and given names as well as "Exact, both pairs" for parents. I also
uncheck all three of the special rules.

I was looking through the results trying to figure out why they were matching and I think I've spotted the problem.

It looks as though the special setting "Treat a blank value as a matching value" is always set even when turned off and when a match
is found on surname, given names and birth dates the checking stops thus ignoring the parents check.

Can we get this fixed?

Bob

This thread: