GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2005-06 > 1119441573

From: "Cheri Casper" <>
Subject: RE: [GENBOX] Places in Sentence Output
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 04:59:33 -0700

I've used the same Report Options since the get-go. I even have a special
report called "Sentence Preview." It does not affect every sentence. It
seems to be for people buried in one particular cemetery for the burial
event. Very odd. Other sentences for these same people display correctly.

Example:
Birth event > Sentence = [P] was born [D+L]. Preview = Dimmick Ellington
Casper was born in Quincy, Adams Co., Illinois, about May 1840.
Marriage event > Sentence = [P] married [S] [D+L]. Preview = Dimmick
Ellington Casper married Pauline Jane Helm on 19 December 1865 in Lafayette
Co., Missouri.
Burial event > Sentence = [P] is buried in Block E [D+L]. [G]. Preview =
Dimmick Ellington Casper is buried in Block E in Machpelah Cemetery in
Lexington.

So why does it work for the birth & marriage, but not the burial? I've been
told privately, off-list that it is a problem when *no* event level citation
is attached and that it is a display problem only. However, in all three
examples above, there *is* an event level citation!

CheriC