GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2008-02 > 1202483080

From: "wim prange" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Event Query Question
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:04:40 +0100

Hi Mike,

I fully agree. There has been a lot of discussion in this group about how
quering the database could be improved: both the query interface, and
searching more specific tables in the database. Hopefully this will be
addressed in a future version of Genbox.

As to your question if you were maybe missing something: you did notice that
you can use Charts or Reports as a query tool as well? With Reports, you can
search in like Places or Events. After you have created a (filtered) report,
the results of your 'query' will also be listed in "List View" as "Report
Results". Used together with the Links-tab in for instance the Places or the
Events View, you will be able to navigate through the database more
efficiently.

Wim