GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2008-02 > 1202486594

From: "Cheri Casper" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] Event Query Question
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 08:03:14 -0800

Mike - Anderson is the surname. I was able to get what I wanted in another
manner. But I'm going to try poking around this over the weekend. Full day
today & tomorrow, but perhaps Sunday.

You can query on events. You don't have to have anything in the name field.
For example, you can find everyone who was born in a certain year, or
everyone who was born in a selected place, or a combination of both, or only
males with that combination, etc. In other words, you can query on events
and places, not just individuals. Also for something things, the Links tab
will serve what you need. Version 4 is in development and I would not be
surprised to see greater search capabilities.

CheriC