GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2011-11 > 1321635537

From: "Denise L. Moss-Fritch" <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] GENBOX Digest, Vol 6, Issue 56
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:58:57 -0800

Derek,

You asked about the updated import function planned for Family Historian 5
as identified by the developer. Since I corresponded with most software
developers (including Bill about Genbox) some years back (I was the review
pages editor for the Quarterly publication of the Association of
Professional Genealogists), I wrote Simon Orde. His response to that
question follows:

"Yes version 5 will support direct import of data from Genbox files, so
hopefully that will encourage Genbox users to migrate to FH. So, in effect,
you will have 2 ways of getting data from Genbox into Family Historian -
directly or via GEDCOM."

Hope that bit of information helps everyone who has asked about that feature
of the upcoming version of Family Historian.

Best,

Denise L. Moss-Fritch