GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2011-11 > 1322578684

From: Wim Prange <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] GENBOX Digest, Vol 6, Issue 64
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:58:04 +0100

Hi Geoffrey

Genbox can use four "relative" paths to media-files in four different
locations, two of them you can define yourself.

The two file-paths you can define yourself can be configured in View >
Preferences > Operation: Preferred Folder for Media Files (this folder
will be the same for each Genbox database). The other in View > Data
Setup > Defaults: Default Folder for Media Files (this is a folder
only the current database uses).
The other two file-paths are the file-path of your database (and it's
subfolders) itself and the file-path of the program (and it's
subfolders).

When you've entered media-files in your database and Genbox can't find
them, it will start to look for them in those four folders and their
subfolders. When it has found a match (depending on the filename, this
has to be the one you entered), Genbox will ask you to "Change
matching media file names to relative paths?". Click Okay and Genbox
will substitute the file-path with either "pref", "data", "db" or
"app", depending on it's location.

When you later decide to move your files (without renaming them),
Genbox will be able to locate them again when you also change either
the first two paths, or move the database to the root of that
media-folder.

Hope this helps somewhat,

Wim