GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2011-11 > 1322587374

From: Wim Prange <>
Subject: Re: [GENBOX] GENBOX Digest, Vol 6, Issue 64
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 18:22:54 +0100

Hi Geoffrey

Some additional information. It appears to me that once Genbox has
made your paths "relative" it won't start searching for a new
filepath, assuming the path is correct.

For example. Suppose you have a link in Genbox to "D:\My
Documents\Genealogy\Pictures\Donnan Family\My Own Family.jpg". When
you set the preference for Media-files in Data Setup to "D:\My
Documents\Genealogy\Pictures\", Genbox will asks your permission to
change the link in the database to "data"\Donnan Family\My Own
Family.jpg.

When you later decide to move your media-files to an external
usb-drive, for example to "E:\Genealogy\" you should keep the entire
subfolder-structure exactly the same. After the move, would need to
change the preference for Media-files in Data Setup to
"E:\Genealogy\Pictures\" and Genbox will still have access to this
file.

I believe there is still one little niggle though. When I tested this
I a long time ago, I didn't always get the "match"-dialog. I had the
impression just using the Browse button in Preferences didn't seem to
work correctly. I had to edit the pathname in the Preferences-box
manually (remove the last letter and added it again). This editing
then seemed to invoke that dialogbox.

Hope this helps,
Wim