GENBOX-L Archives

Archiver > GENBOX > 2011-12 > 1323830299

From: "Cheri Casper" <>
Subject: [GENBOX] Place Help Needed
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:41:02 -0800

I already have an existing place with a variant that reads: (probably)
Lexington, Lafayette Co., Missouri.

I'm trying to create a similar place variant that would read: (probably)
Kentucky, United States

Although I have that variant in my Kentucky place name record, when I try
typing that into a place field, GB insists on removing the (probably).

Any ideas? Why should one variant be allowed and not the other when the
only difference is that one is a town/city level and the other a state
level? Doesn't make any sense.

Yes, I know I can change the sentence, but I want to see the (probably) in
the place field on the summary tab.

Cheri Casper

1220 W. 13th Street
Spokane, WA 99204