GENBRIT-L Archives

Archiver > GENBRIT > 2000-03 > 0953614731

From: "Elizabeth Riotto" <>
Subject: R. Groom and Sons - Shropshire
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 04:58:51 GMT

I am looking for information about the R. Groom and Sons timber company of
Wellington, Shropshire, which was in business from about the 1830's to the
1970's, although Groom family involvement evidently ended in the 1930's.
Shropshire Research and Records sent me a great deal of information on its
operations at the turn of the century, but don't know anything about it
after that, especially the reason the Grooms bowed out of the company. What
I am hoping to find is someone who actually remembers it or recalls hearing
about it, as it evidently was at one time a large company. Is this familiar
to anyone? Thank you in advance.

Elizabeth Riotto
Illinois

Researching: GROOM, WILSON, MINTON, MACHIM (or MACHING) in Shropshire