GENBRIT-L Archives

Archiver > GENBRIT > 2010-09 > 1283953988

From: singhals <>
Subject: Re: England-EASy
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 09:53:08 -0400

Ian Goddard wrote:
> I came across this on the Familysearch pilot:
>
> Name: George Boothroyd
> Gender: Male
> Burial Date: 21 May 1846
> Burial Place: Honley, York, England
> Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I04548-8
> System Origin: England-EASy
> Source Film Number: 1450500
> Reference Number: 88
> Collection: England Deaths and Burials, 1538-1991
>
> I may be missing something obvious here but what's England-EASy?

Sorry for the delay, we were having a long-weekend here in the states.

I saw the same -EASy notation on some US records. I asked my contacts
who are paid to work with FamilySearch, and I'm told :

> Several years ago, there were 2-3 old and older internal extraction
> tracking database systems, and they were ported to a then new system,
> the Extraction Administration System, or EAS. Because it was perceived
> at the time as much "easier" to work with than the older systems, it was
> dubbed EASy. It is simply an internal name for the extraction tracking
> system, which is now in the process of being upgraded once again to
> accommodate a world-wide implementation of FamilySearch Indexing. The
> locality reference is simply a categorization of the data within EASy.
>
> These references allow the staff to keep track of records in the overall
> system to know what has been scanned, indexed, processed, standardized,
> authorized for publication and published, etc.

My contact goes on to say he's unclear why this is appearing on what we see.

HTH

Cheryl Singhal

This thread: