From: Terry Carmichael <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Intrepretation of the data and its relevance toGenealogy
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:24:54 -0800

Hi Alan:

LTRs are long tandem repeats.

ETCs are etcetera, etcetera, etcetera (i.e., other systems that can be used).
Sequencing data would be an example of what I meant by ETCs.

I have racked my mind trying to remember where that quote came from. I have
narrowed it down to either Business Week, Genetic Engineering News, or some
market survey examining the longevity of the sequencing market. I will try to
remember.

A company called Hyseq, Inc. in Sunnyvale, CA has a patented method of
sequencing using microarrays. I think that they may be the company to pull
this off, strong buy.

Best regards,
Terry

--
Terry Carmichael

GeneTree Incorporated
3150 Almaden Expressway, #203
San Jose, CA 95118-1253
Phone: (888) 404-GENE/(408) 723-2670
Fax: (408) 723-2671 http://www.genetree.com/
The Power of DNA Technology in Every Home
* Paternity Testing Services
* RelativeGenetics -Distant Relatives
* DNA ID & Banking Services
* DNAdetective -Forensic DNA Testing