From: "Orin R. Wells" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Melungeon(Reply from Utah)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:21:19 -0800

At 09:42 AM 1/25/01 -0700, J.B. Doss wrote:

>Yep, embryo growth has be authorized in the UK, but as I read the news
>releases, that are very stringent controls which place these growth
>experiments in the area of R&D only and without the intent of cloning a
>human entity.(I hope).

For a time all countries were blocking such work. Now we see one caving to
let "R&D" happen. IMHO it will only be a matter of time before someone
tries it, even if secretly, just to see if they can. No amount of laws and
regulation is going to prevent it.

I have no idea where this is headed, but it surely puts me in mind of a
number of Science Fiction themes where procreation was no longer the
traditional approach. Wouldn't Hitler have loved it? He could have REALLY
refined his Arean race.

Orin R. Wells
Wells Family Research Association
P. O. Box 5427
Kent, Washington 98064-5427
<>
http://www.rootsweb.com/~wellsfam/wfrahome.html
Subscribe to the "Wells-L" list on RootsWeb

This thread: