Subject: Re: [DNA] Seeking the Parents of Us All; features and intelligenc e
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 12:49:39 EDT

In a message dated 05/30/2001 12:08:50 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
writes:

<<
I think the most common paradigm has to do with the flatness of the nose,
and how there is a balance between the need to increase oxygen exchange
(flatter) versus the need to heat the incoming air (pointier). For example,
if your nose is too flat and you are in the cold, and you get pneumonia and
die....Well, it is pretty hard to have kids much after you are dead, so
again, bad in evolutionary terms.

Wow! And after all these years of study of infectious disease I did not know
that the shape of one's nose was related to the risk of acquiring pneumonia.
Hal Houser

This thread: